Are you looking for an internship this summer or fall?
Let GESI help! The fall deadline has been extended to April 1! We place students in international internships with community-based organizations in Africa, Latin America and India. You’ll be working on issues you care about alongside local people – we have placements available in areas such as global health, social enterprise, education, environmental sustainability, income generation, sustainable technology, and more!
Here are the GESI basics-
What: The Global Engagement Studies Institute (GESI), offered by the Buffett Institute for Global Studies at Northwestern University
Who: Any undergraduate or recent graduate seeking hands-on field experience with comprehensive academic preparation.
Where: Fall –
- The site in Guatemala has particular strengths in social enterprise and economic development
- Interns in India often work on projects related to health, women’s empowerment, and income generation
- In Kenya, there are numerous opportunities in environment, sustainable agriculture, and education
When: Summer (June 12 – August 17) or Fall (September 11– December 9)
Why: So many reasons!
- Two (summer) or four (fall) Northwestern course credits for coursework focused on international development
- Meaningful cultural immersionthrough homestays
- On-the-ground professionalexperience
- An opportunity to help spark change by working with and learning from community members on the ground
- Lifelong friendshipswith passionate students from around the country, and with development partners around the world
Start your application now!
The deadline for the fall programs is extended to April 1. The deadline for summer programs is March 1, but we will continue reviewing applications until the sites fill.
You can start by visiting the GESI website to learn about the program and read about past students’ work with local organizations. Then, start completing the online application. Before you know it, you’ll be getting on the plane, ready to start an incredible experience with GESI.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Global Engagement Studies Institute (GESI)
Buffett Institute for Global Studies
Follow us on facebook: www.tinyurl.com/gesi-fb