Graduate/Professional Program Information Sessions
- Express advising returns to the Main Library Oct. 2
- Fall Career Fair follow-up tips
- Alternate Careers in Education (ACE) Panel & Career Fair Oct. 12
- Career advising blog: Virtual interviewing tips
- New attire opportunity with the Career Development Fund
- Bank Street Graduate School of Education
- University of Virginia Law School
- Columbia Law School
- Employer information sessions
- Business casual v. business professional dress code
- Quiet room reservations
Fall express advising returns to the Main Library on Oct. 2
Weekdays through Friday, Dec. 1 | 2-4 p.m. | All Students
- Dinner with 12 program (alumni-student dinners)
Career express advising will return to its regular home in the Main Library (2N Core) starting Monday, Oct. 2. Drop in for a resume/cover letter review or to get answers to quick career-related questions, with no appointment required.
Fall Career Fair follow-up
Did you attend NCA’s Fall Internship & Job Fair last week? Employers who regularly recruit at Northwestern share what can help you stand out *after* the career fair in this video.
Career fair prep video: What to do after a career fair
Alternate Careers in Education (ACE) Panel and Career Fair
Thursday, Oct. 12 | 12-3 p.m. (Panel: 12-12:45 p.m., Career Fair immediately following: 12:45-3 p.m.) | Norris, Lake Room | All Students
Interested in working in the field of education? Explore education organizations that hire across all majors and offer programs that can lead to certification. Bring your Wildcard and copies of your resume. No registration required – simply stop by the panel, the fair, or both! Learn more
| View the list of employers in CareerCat (Events > Career Fairs) >>
New Career Advising Blog
Career adviser Laura shares tips for a successful Skype or virtual interview. Read blog post >>
Career Development Fund opportunity
The Career Development Fund supports travel to job/internship interviews, travel to graduate school interviews, travel and registration for professional career events, and the purchase of interview attire for undergraduate students with financial need. New opportunity:
DXL, the nation’s premier men’s clothing store for top brands in XL sizes, has partnered with the Career Development Fund (CDF) to provide suits from their store to students with financial need. Suits fit a 38” waist (or up) or a height of 6’4” (or taller). Students may apply to CDF to take advantage of this opportunity. Learn more >>
NCA Mini Mock Interviews
Tuesday, Oct. 10 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | Norris, Wildcat Room | Undergraduate & Master’s Students
Practice your interviewing skills with an experienced member of the NCA team. During a 30-minute mini-mock interview you will have the opportunity to practice behavioral and personal experience-based interview questions and receive fast feedback on your strengths and areas for improvement. Dress code is casual.
RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION SESSIONS
Graduate Program Info Sessions
Bank Street Graduate School of Education
Friday, Oct. 6 | 12-1 p.m. | University Hall – Room 101 | All Students
Bank Street is a progressive school for education, committed to moving the field forward, improving teacher and student learning, and social justice through education. Learn about Bank Street’s graduate programs in Early Childhood, Childhood and Adolescent education, with concentrations in Museum Education, General and/or Special Education, Curriculum, Literacy, and Bilingual Education.
RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
Law School Info Sessions
Admissions representatives will give an overview of the law school and application process, as well as answer any questions. Open to all Northwestern students. RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
- University of Virginia Law School | Monday, Oct. 9 | 12-1 p.m. | Norris, Wildcat Room
- Columbia Law School | Monday, Oct. 9 | 4-5 p.m. | Norris, Louis Room North
Below find next week’s employer information sessions, coffee chats, and networking events. Log into CareerCat (Events > Information Sessions)
for complete details and to RSVP, and view the full list of fall employer events. Please note:
Times and locations are subject to change, so please check details in CareerCat the day of the event to confirm.
While the dress code for all information sessions, networking nights, and coffee chats is business casual
, the dress code for interviews is still business professional
. Below is an infographic describing the differences between business professional (interview) attire and business casual (employer event) attire.
- Monday, Oct. 2:T. Kearney, E*TRADE Financial Corporation, Jupiter Peak Capital, Marakon, PwC*, Oliver Wyman
- Tuesday, Oct. 3: Analysis Group (coffee chat, info session), Capco, Goldman Sachs, Nielsen, DaVita
- Wednesday, Oct. 4: Capco (coffee chats, workshop), Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Facebook, Boston Consulting Group, Antares Capital, Capgemini
- Thursday, Oct. 5: Accenture* (networking event), Fitch Ratings, The Cambridge Group, AQR Capital Management*, Pace Harmon, Procter & Gamble
- Monday, Oct. 9: Accenture* Strategy (networking event), IRI
*Denotes an NCA corporate sponsor
Room reservations for virtual interviews
Do you need a quiet space to conduct a virtual interview via phone or Skype? Interview rooms are available in NCA’s Interview Center at 630 Lincoln St. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to reserve a room.