|In this week’s email, you’ll find: |
- Job/internship search in advertising, marketing and public relations
- New career advising blog: What does pre-law really mean?
- Professional attire opportunity with the Career Development Fund
Graduate/Professional Program Information Sessions
- Harvard Business School 2+2 Program
- Chicago Booth PhD Program
- Law Schools: Northwestern, NYU, UT-Austin, UC-Berkeley, USC
- Employer information sessions
- Business casual v. business professional dress code
- Quiet room reservations
· Northwestern SWE Industry Day 2017
Job/Internship Search in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations
Wednesday, Oct. 18 | 5-6 p.m. | Norris, Wildcat Room | All Undergraduate Students
Are you searching for a full-time job or an internship in advertising, marketing and public relations? Learn strategies for finding opportunities, when to start your search, and insider tips shared by recruiters in these fields. RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
New Career Advising Blog: What Does Pre-Law Really Mean?
In NCA’s latest career advising blog, NCA career and pre-law adviser Lynn Galowich Page explains what it means to be “pre-law.” Read more >> | Are you considering law school or navigating the application process? Schedule a 1-on-1 appointment with Lynn in CareerCat >>
Career Development Fund opportunity
The Career Development Fund supports travel to job/internship interviews, travel to graduate school interviews, travel and registration for professional career events, and the purchase of interview attire for undergraduate students with financial need. New opportunity: DXL, the nation’s premier men’s clothing store for top brands in XL sizes, has partnered with the Career Development Fund (CDF) to provide suits from their store to students with financial need. Suits fit a 38” waist (or up) or a height of 6’4” (or taller). Students may apply to CDF to take advantage of this opportunity. Learn more >>
Careers in Media Panel
Tuesday, Oct. 24 | 5:30-7 p.m. | Norris, Wildcat Room B | All Students
This educational panel discussion will feature Northwestern alumni working in a variety of roles in the media industry. Students will be able to hear their stories and insights, ask questions, and participate in 1-on-1 networking. RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION SESSIONS
- Harvard Business School 2+2 Program | Monday, Oct. 16 | 5-6 p.m. | Norris, Chicago Room | RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
- Chicago Booth PhD Program | Tuesday, Oct. 17 | 12-1 p.m. | Norris, Armadillo Room | RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
- Law Schools: Northwestern, NYU, UT-Austin, UC-Berkeley, USC | Monday, Oct. 23 | 5-6 p.m. | Norris, Wildcat Room B | RSVP in CareerCat (Events > Workshops) >>
Below find next week’s employer information sessions, coffee chats, and networking events. Log into CareerCat (Events > Information Sessions) for complete details, intended audience and to RSVP. Please note: Times and locations are subject to change, so please check details in CareerCat the day of the event to confirm.
While the dress code for all information sessions, networking nights, and coffee chats is business casual, the dress code for interviews is still business professional.
· Wednesday, Oct. 18: Ford Motor Company (Data Science and Analytics)
· Thursday, Oct. 19: Green Corps, First Derivatives PLC
· Monday, Oct. 23: Accenture* (Strategy Internships)
*Denotes an NCA corporate sponsor
Room reservations for virtual interviews
Do you need a quiet space to conduct a virtual interview via phone or Skype? Interview rooms are available in NCA’s Interview Center at 630 Lincoln St. Email email@example.com to reserve a room.
Northwestern SWE Industry Day 2017
Thursday, Oct. 19 | 4-9 p.m. | Hilton Garden Inn (1818 Maple Ave, Evanston) | All Students
Connect with employers at Northwestern’s largest engineering and technology oriented career fair. Students do not need to pre-register, but a Wildcard is required for entry. Please wear business attire.
Learn more and view a full list of companies >>