Become an NCA Career Ambassador
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 28 | Seeking current First-Year Students, Sophomores, Juniors
Apply to join the NCA team as a Career Ambassador for the 2019-20 academic year. Career Ambassadors serve as a bridge between NCA and the Northwestern student population to increase students’ awareness of and engagement with NCA. This is a paid position at $11/hr, and can be work-study or non-work-study. It is a 5-6 hour per week time commitment, but exact hours may vary. For a more detailed description and application instructions see the Handshake posting here.
What will I gain from being a Career Ambassador?
The CA program aims to help students not only successfully support others, but also to make progress on their own personal and professional goals. CAs build transferable skills that will help them in future experiences throughout their career journey. As a CA you set regular goals and learn the ins and outs of navigating NCA all while building relationships with our staff who are invested in your personal success. Some transferable skills CAs have utilized or gained include:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong work ethic
- Project Management
- Flexibility and adaptability
CA Responsibilities Include:
- Serving as a liaison between NCA and a specific population or community on campus
- Meeting with students during walk-in advising hours and advising on resumes and cover letters
- Conducting presentations and workshops around campus
- Greeting employers at campus events
- And more!