Start dreaming about warm summer days on cold winter nights! It all begins at SummerFest, which introduces students to Northwestern resources that can help them meet their summer goals through programs, jobs, and grants. Some opportunities would allow you to enjoy Evanston and Chicago when the weather is great. Others are focused on more distant domestic and international locations. Some are entirely portable if you have a place in mind, whether it’s your hometown or a destination on your bucket list. To make things easy, we’re bringing resources to residential areas over two days: Tuesday, January 14, 12-3pm in Shepard Hall; Wednesday, January 15, 7-9pm in 560 Lincoln. (Click the links to see details on the event pages.) Drop in for 15 minutes. Stay for an hour. Oh, and did we mention that you can get a draft of your resume reviewed by staff from Northwestern Career Advancement?
What can I accomplish at SummerFest?
- Learn about summer opportunities and funding options
- Start planning for applications due in winter or spring
- Find out about ways to earn degree credit this summer
Who will be at SummerFest?
- Advisers representing multiple Northwestern offices and programs
- Students sharing insights from recent summer experiences
- orthwestern Career Advancement reviewing resume drafts and offering summer advice
What should I bring to SummerFest?
- An open mind about what you might do with your summer
- A draft of your resume if you want professional feedback
- Your appetite for summery snacks like ice cream treats and freshly popped popcorn
- Friends, because you’ll be doing them a favor
Current list of participants:
- Global Learning Abroad: Summer Study Abroad Opportunities, including Buffett’s Global Engagement Studies Institute (GESI)
- Center for Civic Engagement: Engage Chicago
- Northwestern Career Advancement: Summer Internship Grant Program (SIGP)
- Undergraduate Financial Aid: Summer Financial Aid, Study Abroad, & Work-Study
- Office of External Programs, Internships, & Career Services (EPICS): School of Communication Internship Program
- Office of Fellowships: Funding for Summer Research, Study Abroad, and Public Service
- German Department: Summer Internships, Scholarships & Programs
- Health Professions Advising: Pre-Med & Pre-Health Summer Strategies
- Center for Talent Development: Paid Summer Internships at Summer Camp for the Gifted
- SummerNU: Summer Session 2020
- Office of Undergraduate Research: Undergraduate Language Grants, Undergraduate Research Grants, and Undergraduate Research Assistant Program
- Office of International Student and Scholar Services (OISS): Planning for Summer Work
- Global Health Studies: Summer Global Health Research Opportunities
- Northwestern Hillel: Hillel Summer Programs
[pdfjs-viewer url=”https%3A%2F%2Fadvising.soc.northwestern.edu%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F40%2F2020%2F01%2F20200103Summerfest_poster.pdf” viewer_width=100% viewer_height=1360px fullscreen=true download=true print=true]