Skip to main content

Advising Category: Transferring

Change majors within SoC (Interdepartmental Transfer – IDT)

To transfer from one department of the School of Communication to another, fill out the interdepartmental transfer application, obtain the signature of your current advisor, and make an appointment with an advisor in the major to which you wish to transfer. If you do not know with which advisor to meet, contact the SoC Office

Transfer into SoC or to another NU School (Interschool transfer – IST)

To transfer between Schools at Northwestern, students should review the policies, procedures, and deadlines for applying for an interschool transfer (IST), and schedule an appointment with the relevant academic advisor by contacting the undergraduate office of the School of interest. You will need to enter the date of your advising meeting into the electronic application.  The Northwestern

Transfer Credits from Non-NU Institutions

Transfer Credit  Students may transfer in courses taken at another institution, and apply them toward their Northwestern degree. However, the number of courses that may be taken at another institution is limited by the Undergraduate Registration Requirement (URR), and depends on whether a student matriculates as a first year or a transfer student, as well as whether a student is enrolled in a