Skip to main content

SoC Minor Policies and Declaration

SoC students have the option of pursuing minors either within or outside of the SoC. The School of Communication does not limit the number of minors a student may declare.  To view all of the minors offered by SoC, visit the Minors in SoC under the Undergraduate Programs tab on the advising website. To view all programs offered by the School of Communication, visit: . Students may not minor in the same area as their major; RTVF students may not minor in Film and Media Studies but may minor in Sound Design. Courses taken for an SoC minor may apply to the elective requirements for an SoC major.  

To declare a minor within SoC, fill out the  Minor Declaration Form and make an appointment with the advisor of the minor that you wish to declare. If you do not know with which advisor to meet, contact the SoC Office of Undergraduate Programs and Advising at Once the advisor in your proposed minor has reviewed the requirements and your progress toward the minor, he or she will sign off on your and submit the form for you.  

To drop an SoC minor, submit the Minor Drop Form to your minor advisor. 

For policies on pursuing minors outside of SoC, visit the Minors and Certificates Outside of SoC page on the advising website.