Office of Undergraduate Programs and Advising: https://advising.soc.northwestern.edu/
The Office of Undergraduate Programs and Advising is the Undergraduate Dean’s Office which is located on the 5th floor of the new Ryan Center for the Musical Arts, 70 Arts Circle Drive, office #134. This is the office to visit when you need to obtain or submit special registration forms; call to make an appointment with your advisor; or to make an appointment to see the Undergraduate Dean. The website has contact information for your Academic Advisor as well as other student resources including forms, links to the Undergraduate Guide, yearly guidelines, external links and support services.
EPICS (Office of External Programs, Internships, & Career Services): https://epics.soc.northwestern.edu/
Housed within the School of Communication (SoC) at Northwestern University, EPICS is here to support you with your career development throughout your time as a student. A wide range of information regarding our services is provided on our website.
- External programs: https://epics.soc.northwestern.edu/
- Internships: https://epics.soc.northwestern.edu/career-resources/internships-jobs/
- Career Resources: https://epics.soc.northwestern.edu/career-resources/
- Attend an Event: https://epics.soc.northwestern.edu/epics-events/
Northwestern Career Advancement: http://www.northwestern.edu/careers
The mission of University Career Services is to foster excellence in career development, preparation, and professional opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students and alumni by providing comprehensive services and programming and by promoting strong partnerships with employers, academic departments, and the university community.
- About Career Advancement: http://www.northwestern.edu/careers/about-us/index.html
- Student Resources: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/resources/index.html
- NCA Career Guide pdf: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/images/nca-2020-career-guide.pdf
- Handshake (requires NetID log-in): https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/resources/handshake-access.html
- Finding Jobs & Internships: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/jobs-internships/index.html
- Exploring Industries: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/majors-career-paths/industries/index.html
- Advising / Counseling FAQs: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/who-we-are/covid-19-faq.html
- Preparing for Current Quarter: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/who-we-are/preparing-for-current-quarter/index.html
- Post UG Survey Data: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/resources/post-undergraduate-undergrad-survey/index.html
- Associate Director’s Page: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/who-we-are/meet-the-staff/staff-bios/laura-myers.html
Global Learning Office: https://www.northwestern.edu/abroad/
1800 Sherman Avenue, Suite 4-400
Evanston, IL 60201
Interested in study abroad? Study Abroad Office staff and advisers are ready to work closely with you to help you connect your academic and personal goals to an international credit-bearing experience.
- Steps to Study Abroad: https://www.northwestern.edu/abroad/study-abroad/get-started/index.html
- Choosing a Study Abroad Program: http://www.northwestern.edu/studyabroad/programs/index.html
Undergraduate Research at Northwestern: http://undergradresearch.northwestern.edu/
The Office of Undergraduate Research has three primary aims:
- To run NU’s grant and other programs and to help students enrich their undergraduate experience.
- To work with other Northwestern departments and units that support similar programs, seeking to streamline and coordinate communication and resources. Their step-by-step guide is an example of this type of work.
- To help students learn about research opportunities and prepare to apply. Their website is designed to help students understand and identify opportunities for getting involved.
Office of Fellowships: http://www.northwestern.edu/fellowships
1940 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208
The Office of Fellowships serves as a resource center for students who are interested in applying for fellowships. These are competitive awards that pay students and alumni for a short period of time, from a few months to a couple of years, to do things such as project grants, study abroad opportunities, and more! If you’re working on a project of any type, talk to us – there may be funding available you don’t know about!